TheRedLineReview

A not unblack dog was chasing a not unsmall rabbit across a not ungreen field.

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

My stomach of love.

Items I have consumed this past bank holiday weekend while suffering through a stomach virus:

Food:

Toast
Toast with butter and honey
Toast with yellow cheese (has anyone heard of this 'yellow cheese is good for your stomach' maxim? Me neither.)
Ryvita crackers with yellow cheese
Grilled (yellow) cheese (BIG mistake)
Strained chicken soup
Strained chicken soup, with toast dipped in
Boiled white rice
Earl Grey tea
One 240 ml bottle of Pepto-Bismol
Sixteen 500 mg tablets of Paracetemol (for fever)

Entertainment:

Three episodes of Ken Burns's Baseball documentary
About half of Carlito's Way
The Great Escape
You've Got Mail
The Parent Trap
Bringing Up Baby
The second half of Thomas Frank's What's the Matter With Kansas?
Fever-dreams!

2 Comments:

Blogger lalista said...

oh my god you totally *did* get malaria

3:23 PM  
Blogger robogal said...

Yeah no shit. The doctor reassured me that hanging out with people who had been to africa a month previous, but were *well*, was not a problem.

So you guys suffered no ill effects from the chinese vegan buffet? I just sort of figured that's where I got the virus. Which, by the way, is still giving me a fever every night if I've been awake for more than 12 hours at a stretch.

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


RLR Subscribers