TheRedLineReview

A not unblack dog was chasing a not unsmall rabbit across a not ungreen field.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

I have no mind.

The Futureheads - Robot
The Futureheads - Stupid and Shallow

This is the first of an expected multipart series of posts on new music I've gotten. "New" here is used with a certain amount of license, as I got a lot of this stuff as early as this summer. Due to some unfortunate computer fuck-ups (now taken care of), the only way I could listen to music for a long time was on my ipod-with-a-broken-screen. That means the only way I can listen to my new music is by waiting for it to come up on the blind shuffle. So it's taken a while to figure out what's really good and what really isn't.

Anyway, I downloaded the Futureheads album when I was in D.C. this summer, with access to Bit Torrent. I only knew the 'Hounds of Love' cover previously (which is still fucking amazing), and at first the whole album didn't really turn me on. But after a while, I can honestly say that I love this record. Yes, this is yet another band that is described as 'angular', 'dancey', and 'post-punk'. At bottom, the best thing about the Futureheads' music is that it makes it sound like the most fun thing in the world would be to be a Futurehead. Everyone sings all the time. Every song has like eight hooks. They have a song about being a robot!

Also: Willy, Paul, and Nish (from NJ) do a podcast called Podflix. It's ostensibly a radio show where three netflix users talk about dvds on netflix. But it's pretty much just a bunch of guys talking about movies in between bullshitting for an hour. Check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


RLR Subscribers